Our client is a New York-based commercial media company with representative offices around the world that provides access to offers from more than 2000 travel and entertainment enterprises. It also provides reviews of the offered options, a selection with low prices, the ability to confirm the actual cost, a selection of offers based on the user's geo-position, and other parameters. Its service is used by more than 28 million people in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region.
The DataArt specialist will be involved in several projects. One of them is for the improvement of the client's reporting system (metrics, analytics, etc.). Another is related to the construction of a single integrated data system (Data Warehouse). The processes are built according to Agile (SCRUM).
Note that we hire specialists not to the project, but to one of DataArt's companies. If the project is over, or you become uncomfortable in it, you can discuss a transition to another project.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Familiarity with Windows- and Linux-based systems
• Understanding of Windows AD infrastructure and its core services
• 1+ years of experience administrating Linux systems in a customer-facing production environment
• Experience working in cloud environments (Azure, AWS)
• Knowledge of Azure networking concepts and VPN technologies (Azure VPN Gateway, Azure Express Route)
• Experience with networks (LAN, WAN), routing, CDN technologies
• Knowledge of network troubleshooting practices
• Experience with Cisco routers and Cisco Meraki products
• Excellent knowledge of CLI scripts (PowerShell, Bash)
• Ability to provide direct server support for various operations such as deployment and general production
• Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
• Ability to work independently
• Spoken English
• Experience working with CI/CD projects
• Understanding of source code version control (Git, knowledge of quality control and best practices) and GitLab server administration
• Skills in interpreting application logs and in identifying incorrect configurations (Windows services, IIS, ASP.NET websites)
• Professional Development:
- Experienced colleagues who are ready to share knowledge;
- The ability to switch projects, technology stacks, try yourself in different roles;
- More than 150 workplaces for advanced training;
- Study and practice of English: courses and communication with colleagues and clients from different countries;
- Support of speakers who make presentations at conferences and meetings of technology communities.
• The ability to focus on your work: a lack of bureaucracy and micromanagement, and convenient corporate services;
• Friendly atmosphere, concern for the comfort of specialists;
• Flexible schedule and the ability to work remotely;
• The ability to work in any of our development centers.